Report of the board of Management Meeting December 1st 2014.
- Welcome was extended to Mr. Gary Smith on his appointment as member of the teaching team.
- Best wishes were extended to Ms Aisling Cox as she begins maternity leave.
- Condolences were expressed to S Thorn, M Horkan and J Hardiman on their recent family bereavements.
- Staff professional development took place on Nov 7th. The themes was assessment for /of learning.
- Congratulations were extended to Stacey Cronnolly, Fearghal Ryan and Ciara O’Gara for their achievements in the JC and LC exams and that saw them win awards in NUIG and UCD.
- Congratulations were extended to Mark Hannon and Lorcan Callaghan for their sporting achievements in making the Ireland U19 and U16 teams. Mark has also been selected to play for Sligo Rovers.
- Procedures for the Health & Safety of students on strike day, Dec 2nd were discussed.
- Reports from the Student Council were submitted.
- Teaching and Learning was discussed.
- An update on extra-curricular activities was presented. There is an extensive programme on offer.
- The series of workshops for parents was discussed. They are being provided free of charge.
- The increased presence of the school on social media was discussed.
- Thanks were expressed to Kris and Dominika Manulak for producing the promotional videos that are linked to the Facebook page and to the website. The abbreviated versions are uploaded.
- Finances were examined and are being tightly managed.
Date of next meeting
Monday, January 12th at 7pm in the school. The meeting concluded at 8:55.