Transition Year is a year between the end of the Junior Certificate and the beginning of the Leaving Certificate. The year provides for a broad education of students.
The mission of Transition Year is to promote the personal, social, educational and vocational development of the students and to prepare them to participate as responsible members of society.
The aims of Transition Year at St. Mary’s College are:
- To help students become actively involved in their learning.
- To assist students to take responsibility for their decision making.
- To develop student’s self – confidence, social skills and a greater
- awareness of working life.
- To provide practical opportunities for learning experiences which are
- based in the local community.
- To enable students to make informed and mature choices regarding
- courses for Leaving Cert.
- To provide opportunities for students to discover their individual talents
- and abilities.