JUNIOR CYCLE PROGRAMME
We believe that the curriculum should help the student develop skills and aptitudes and foster a love of learning. Our policy is to enable students to have a wide choice of subjects that will interest them and enable them to excel. On completion of the Junior Cycle, we want our students
- to be confident in using literacy, numeracy and oral skills
- to have a basic level of computer literacy
- to have formative experiences in religious and moral education
- to have knowledge and guidance in matters of social, personal, health, civic and political education
- to have the opportunity to engage in physical education and leisure activities
- to have benefitted from experiencing language, scientific, artistic and practical areas of the curriculum.
We encourage and promote excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
Subjects at Junior Cycle
PRACTICAL / TECHNOLOGICAL/ LANGUAGE
- Materials Technology (Wood)
- Technical Graphics
- Home Economics
- French, German, Spanish
- Art, Craft and Design
- Religious Education
- Relationships and Sexuality Education
- Business Studies
Extra Curricular Activities
- Team Sports: Football, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball
- Doodle for Google
- All students study Irish, English Maths, RE, History, Geography, Science, CSPE, SPHE, PE, IT.
- They choose three electives from the remaining subjects, listed above.
- Students with exemptions in Irish at Primary School carry this exemption through to Secondary School.