A Student Council was set up in St. Mary’s College in September 1996.
Student Council 2023/2024
1st Year: Grace McNamara, Marcus Gallagher
2nd Year: Eabha Brady, Eoin Toolan
3rd Year: Eoghan Gallagher, Laura Paluszkievicz
4th Year: Ben Elliot, Alyssa Hogan
5th Year: Lisa Farrell, William McCameron
6th Year: TJ Fox, Emma Finnigan
Role of Student Council Member
A Student Council member will work with everyone in the school community to support the aims of our Mission Statement:
- Excellence in teaching and learning
- Spiritual and personal development
- Respect for self, others and the environment
- Tolerance, justice and co-operation
- Appreciation of individual talents and abilities
- Education for leisure
- Citizenship and leadership
- A caring community
The Student Council has a special role to play in the life of the school. It provides students with a voice in the running of the school. It may report to the Board of Management. It will be consulted on key school policies. It will work closely with the Principal.
The Student Council should be active:
- It should communicate with all students.
- Where needed, it should liaise with other people inside and outside the school community.
- It should make use of the website and the school newsletter.
- It should make use of a noticeboard in the school.
- It should be part of organising school events throughout the year.
- It should encourage all years in the school to take part.
Every member of the Student Council must be willing to do this work, in the true spirit of our school.
Ms. Josephine Hughes is the liaison teacher with the Student Council.
Well done to our cross country athletes who represented St Mary's at the North Connaught cross country athletics...
We would like to wish all the best to Alyssa, Madison and Chloe who are representing the school today in Carrick on...