JUNIOR CYCLE PROGRAMME
We believe that the curriculum should help the student develop skills and aptitudes and foster a love of learning. Our policy is to enable students to have a wide choice of subjects that will interest them and enable them to excel. On completion of the Junior Cycle, we want our students
- to be confident in using literacy, numeracy and oral skills
- to have a basic level of computer literacy
- to have formative experiences in religious and moral education
- to have knowledge and guidance in matters of social, personal, health, civic and political education
- to have the opportunity to engage in physical education and leisure activities
- to have benefitted from experiencing language, scientific, artistic and practical areas of the curriculum.
We encourage and promote excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
Subjects at Junior Cycle
- Visual Art
- Wood Technology
- Business Studies
- Technical Graphics
- Home Economics
- Digital Technology / Coding
- Physical Education
Well done to our cross country athletes who represented St Mary's at the North Connaught cross country athletics...
We would like to wish all the best to Alyssa, Madison and Chloe who are representing the school today in Carrick on...