The Parents’ Association
The Parents’ Association consists of parents of the students in the school. Parents volunteer to form the Parents’ Association at the Annual General Meeting of parents each year. The Parents’ Association Committee acts as a representative body.
Having followed the process outlined in my previous letter, the following parents have been nominated to serve in the Parents’ Association in 2019/20.
|Catriona Cunniffe (Chairperson)
|Aisling Farrell (Treasurer)
Anne Kubican (Secretary)
The aims of the Association are:
- To represents the views of parents
- To defend the right of voluntary denominational schools to exist
- The promote the educational and general welfare interests of the students of the school.
- To keep parents of pupils attending the school informed of the problems of running a voluntary school and of current educational trends and developments in education in the school.
- To vindicate the right of parents to consultation and information on government educational policy.
- To foster co-operation between parents, teachers and school management
- To provide opportunities for parents and the school Principal or representative of staff to meet and exchange ideas on the education of their children and to address topics of mutual interest
- To help with provision of extra equipment and fundraising
- To collaborate with teachers and students in the development of school policies.
Parents who wish to become actively involved in the school are welcome and encouraged to join the Parents’ Association.
Well done to our cross country athletes who represented St Mary's at the North Connaught cross country athletics...
We would like to wish all the best to Alyssa, Madison and Chloe who are representing the school today in Carrick on...